- This event has passed.
Ossining Earth Day Festival
April 25 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pmFREE
As Westchester County’s largest community-run earth day festival– expecting visitors to exceed 4,000 and 100+ vendors – the Festival has grown from some 300 attendees and 20 vendors in our first year and attracts visitors from as far south as Brooklyn to counties surrounding and north of Westchester. We’re planning to have more hands-on activities and educational opportunities for everyone, as well as continuing great live music and entertainment aiming to make it our best earth day festival yet.
“As we honor the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, we remain keenly aware of the great challenges affecting our natural environment, our planet, and life as we know it. We are also of the belief that there is much we can each personally do to affect positive change through the everyday choices we each have the power to make. You’ll find many things you love about festivals – food, music, artisans, activities – but we hope you’ll also join us in our recognition of the urgency to action that is needed. As well, we encourage you to show us what matters to you by bringing posters or signs that amplify your voice about environmental issues, reflecting your environmental concerns, thoughts on policy changes needed, and/or social justice impacts that you want to remind people of as a result of our changing climate.” said Suzie Ross, Chairperson and founding member, Green Ossining.
Featured events of the day include:
• Arts & Artisan Vendors
• Eco-demonstrations & hands-on activities
• Focused Kid’s Activity Zone
• Food Foraging with Violet Brill
• Environmental advocacy
• E-Waste drive/Textile Recylcing Drop-Off
• Zero-Waste in action on the Festival grounds
• Delicious Local Food including vegetarian and vegan fare
• Craft Beer
• Drum & Ukulele Circles (Bring your own. There may be limited supplies on hand).
• Local “Green” Services/ Product Vendors available for sharing green practices and products.
• Learn about using eco-friendly products & how to save money by reducing your carbon footprint!
• Teachings and River blessings by Native Elder, Grandmother Nancy Andry (Algonquin/French)
• Community Organizations: All existing to help you! Learn more about the variety of groups in our own backyard
• Live Music all day!