Ossining Parks(The complete List)
The Town of Ossining, with over 130 acres of park land, has a long list of parks of many shapes, sizes and uses. Some are front and center in the community, while others are tucked away. It’s a rare Ossining resident who’s been to all of the parks below, and we hope to help change that.
On this page we have a map of all of Ossining’s parks, a table listing the parks and their amenities, and a section below with images and more info.
Each park has its own dedicated page as well. Good luck finding your next park outing!
You can see more of the table by swiping your finger to the left/right. It’s better on a larger screen :)
|Facility Name||Playground||Restrooms||Pavilion(s)||Picnic Tables||Trails/ Track||Soccer/ Football||Baseball Fields||Basketball Courts||Tennis Courts||Fishing||Roller Hockey/ Skating|
|Arthur Jones Park||Yes||One Hoop|
|Buck Johnson Park||Yes||Benches|
|Cedar Lane Park||Yes||Yes||Yes||Trails||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Crawbuckie Nature Center||Trails|
|Dale Avenue Park||Yes||Benches|
|Gerlach Park||Yes||Yes||Yes w/Grills||Yes||Yes|
|Henry Gourdine Park||Yes||Yes||Benches||Paved Path|
|Louis Engel Waterfront Park||Yes||Yes||Yes w/Grills||Paved Path||Yes|
|Malcolm Street Tot Lot||Yes||One||On Aqueduct|
|Nelson Park||Yes||Yes||Benches||Jogging Track||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Nelson Sitting Park||Yes||Benches|
|Richard G. Wishnie Park||Benches||Jogging Track||On Track|
|Ryder Park||Yes||Yes||Yes w/Grills||Yes||Trails||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Sally Swope Sitting Park||Trails|
|Sing Sing Kill Greenway||Benches||Paved Path|
|Snowden Park||Yes||Yes||Yes w/Grills||Yes||Yes||Skate Park|
|William Street Tot Lot||Yes|
- A skate park is located at Snowden Park.
- A bocce court is located at Veterans Park.
- Horseshoe pits are located at Veteran’s Park, right next to the (covered) bocce court.
- Dog parks, where dogs can be let off a leash and play with each other in a fenced area, are located at Cedar Lane Park (larger, wooded area with shade) and Ryder Park (smaller, grass only).
- A spray park is located at the Louis H. Engel Waterfront, and is open in the summer. There also is an indoor spray deck in the community center.
- The Joseph G Caputo Community Center (known as the rec center) has indoor basketball courts, an indoor pool and spray deck, pool tables and more.
- Fishing is available at a few locations, but a NYS license is required to fish. Contact the Town Clerk’s Office for info on getting one.
- For groups or organizations of 20 or more: (1) A permit is required for pavilion and group picnic area use between May 1st and Oct 31st. (2) A permit is required for use of the park athletic fields or the Louis Engel Waterfront Park stage. The relevant forms should be here on the Village website.