Ossining Schools Budget Vote and Board of Education Election
May 21 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Ossining’s Proposed $134 Million
2019-20 School Budget:
- Maintains favorable teacher-to-student ratios across the district.
- Supports the implementation of new math instruction programs for kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Adds special education programs to meet program requirements.
- Provides additional support to address the social-emotional needs of all students.
- Is within the state’s tax levy cap for the eighth consecutive year enabling homeowners who qualify for a STAR (School Tax Relief) rebate to get either an exemption or a credit on their taxes.
- Maintains unique programs and courses of study at OHS, including the Capstone Project, the SUNY Early College Program and the Science Research Program.
- Continues the arts, athletics and extra-curricular programs, such as the STAR Program at AMD.
- Funds a new OHS football field and a classroom addition at Claremont School.
- Provides money to reconfigure Brookside School’s front entrance, create a new egress road and add outdoor lighting to improve safety and security.
May 21, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. · Ossining High School Small Gym