- This event has passed.
White Elephant Gift Exchange
December 27, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Received some not-so-perfect gifts this holiday season? Come swap one of them out at Sing Sing Kill Brewery’s white elephant re-gift exchange!
On Friday, December 26th, come on down to the taproom at 6:30pm with a wrapped present (please note that re-gifted items must be unused and unopened). Have a drink, mingle, and scope out the pile. The gift exchange will begin promptly at 7:30pm.
We will follow the official rules found at https://www.
1. Each player brings one wrapped gift to contribute to a common pool
2. Players draw numbers to determine what order they will go in
3. Players sit in a circle or line where they can see the gift pile
4. The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it
5. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
There are a couple of limits on gift swapping:
– A present can only be stolen once per turn, which means players who have a gift stolen from them have to wait to get it back.
-After three swaps, the turn automatically comes to an end (otherwise things could drag on for a long time).
6. After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift. Anyone whose gift is stolen may steal from someone else (as long as that person hasn’t been stolen from yet). When someone declines to steal a gift, the game comes to an end.
Note that for this last “extra” turn, the three-swap rule doesn’t apply. Players can keep swapping until someone decides to stand pat, or there are no other eligible people to steal from.