The Earth Day Festival is a riverfront family-oriented day of music & activities demonstrating our support of environmental protection. It’s one of Ossining’s annual events, and takes place at the Louis Engel Waterfront Park.
This year was Green Ossining’s 9th Annual Earth Day Festival, and even though the day was windy and chilly, lots of people showed up and learned how to live a more environmentally sustainable life, visited artisan vendors, and enjoyed food and live music on the banks of the Hudson River.
The day’s featured elements included:
- Arts & artisan vendors
- Eco-demonstrations & hands-on activities
- Focused kid’s activity zone
- Environmental advocacy
- Zero-waste in action on the festival grounds
- Delicious local food including vegetarian and vegan fare
- Craft beer
- Textile recycling & e-waste drop off
- Live music with local musicians
- Local “green” services/product vendors who shared green practices, services and products.